Your Orthodontic Dentist in Glendale Heights & Bloomindale
Misaligned or crooked teeth can affect both the appearance and function of your smile. You are never too old to correct your smile with orthodontics; today, there are a variety of fast, easy, and comfortable braces options to achieve the result you want at any age. Dental Heights is a proud provider of Fastbraces® in Glendale Heights, in addition to offering treatment for periodontal disease, missing teeth, and tooth discoloration in our full-service dental office.
Beneficial Side Effects of Straightening Your Teeth
Orthodontics focuses on the function of your teeth and jaws as a whole. While you may be interested in braces simply for straighter teeth, in reality you’re gaining many additional benefits from your orthodontic treatment.
- Straighter teeth are easier to floss and brush, lowering your risk for cavities and gum disease so you can enjoy better dental health.
- Better dental health also means better overall health. Periodontal disease can raise your risk for developing heart disease and diabetes or make these conditions harder to control.
- Orthodontics improves the alignment of your jaws as well as the alignment of your teeth. The results can help to reduce discomfort associated with poorly-aligned jaws, such as temporomandibular joint pain.
- An improper bite places excessive stress on your teeth, causing damage to the enamel that may result in cosmetic changes and tooth sensitivity over time. Aligning your teeth with braces will restore the balance of your jaws to prevent premature wear.
How Fastbraces® Work
Fastbraces® represent of the best innovations in modern orthodontics technology. The unique design and function of Fastbraces® reduces braces treatment times of one to three years to an average of three to twelve months. Faster treatment times mean the cost of braces is lower as well, since you’ll visit your dentist less often and require treatment for a shorter period of time. Instead of using traditional square brackets and a round wire, Fastbraces® use triangular brackets and a square-shaped wire. Triangular brackets increase the distance between adjacent brackets, which in turn increases the flexibility of the wire portion of your braces. Better wire flexibility and the square-shaped wire allow your dentist to exert torque that targets the roots of your teeth immediately. This begins to straighten your tooth roots at the start of your treatment, which cannot be done until the second phase of treatment with traditional braces. By straightening the roots of your teeth first, Fastbraces help you achieve a straighter, healthier smile much faster, more comfortably, and at a lower cost.
Would you like to learn more about the cost of Fastbraces® and other orthodontic options? You can reach Dental Heights to schedule your free consultation by calling Glendale Heights (224) 698-1472.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Over 30 Years of Experience
- We Use the Latest Technology
- Free Consultations
- 5 Star Reviews on Google